Monday, July 30, 2012

Baring My Soul




1. Insecurity about my own abilities.
2. Horrible attitude some days. (Is it just me? Or are hormones to blame?)
3. Guilt about things I haven't done with/for my child yet.
4. Regrets about past decisions although I "swear" I've let them go. Lol!
5. Disappointed about the ways I DON'T care for mySELF & my body.
6. Occasionally sensitive in ways I'm not proud of.
7. Super hard on myself about certain things.
8. I don't like my size or shape (rare but it does happen to me).


**I could go on & on with this list!**

      I'm not sure why, but I always have this need to be blatantly honest. Even when a circumstance probably needs to be lied about, I simply.....can't. I'm not saying ever but it's very hard for me to do. Besides inspiring people, I feel a "calling" to be relatable. There is so much pretense in our world today, so much glam, so much glory, that people forget to be real. It's okay to be a normal human being with normal issues (or abnormal). 

     We all face outer conflicts & inner warfare. Money doesn't exempt you. Fame nor fortune exempt you. Your body curvature, your nose job, fancy car, wine cellar selections, boob inflation, penis enlargement, educational background, talents, skills, loss or gain of pounds, circle of popular friends, designer labels, and any other material or egotistical possession, exempts you from being human. Yes, having certain things may make life easier, but take a look at a celebrity graveyard. All the glamour & prestige in the world couldn't save them from themselves.


     The list above is only a few things I struggle with. Some of the issues I've become a pro at handling but others I haven't. It's not comfy to bare my soul in this way but I feel compelled to. I need YOU to know that you are not alone in the issues you face. YOU are not the only one who has inner demons. 

     I can say at this point in my life, that I'm a warrior. I am resilient & I've learned how to face my demons. In the past I ran from them but we all know we can't hide from ourselves! I am an extremely positive person 91% of the time. However, I admittedly have days that I just want to throw up my hands in disgust with life. There are days when I just can't find that blessed silver lining. 
      
     YES, I AM HUMAN! I can inspire you to skip your little fanny right on up Mt. Everest but dealing with myself is on another level! I know I am my greatest friend & enemy in one! And I'm not ashamed of that. I am proud of who I've become. I am excited about who I am becoming!

     I never know why I'm pushed to write about specific topics but this is what you get tonight. I hope that if nothing else, you are comforted in knowing that we are ALL human. You are not worthless, crazy, a failure, blah, blah, blah! I started this blog to track my successes & slip-ups as I set out to conquer my goals. I blog about whatever comes to mind but you can always believe that I'm giving you all of me. My experiences. My passions. My truth. 

     Join my blog. Become a follower. Share your experiences & let's be human together. If you don't tell your own truth, someone will "create" it for you. You may have a story that you consider to be the makeup of your not-so-spectacular life. But remember, you are the author. God has given you all that life is to create a new story. So don't be ashamed to be YOU & let your light reveal the dark corners you hide in. Someone else is lurking there too needing YOUR light to reveal their truth.

     In all ways & in all things, stay BEYOND blessed  <3



No comments:

Post a Comment